Re: [Pulp-list] Errors in controllers

On 02/11/2012 08:07 AM, Jason L Connor wrote:
This is an absolutely fantastic idea. I've started on the changes to the
web framework. I'm going to put down some base exceptions based on
what's in this email, and I'll present them next week on Tuesday when I
talk about _id v id as well.

While on the general topic of effectively managing and triaging 500 errors on production web servers, some of the folks over at DISQUS (a popular commenting system written in Python) have published an open source error collation server (Sentry), along with Python bindings for pushing events (Raven).

It's on my radar to have a look at these for PulpDist, but this discussion made me realise they might be of interest for Pulp, too.

More info:

http://sentry.readthedocs.org
http://raven.readthedocs.org

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane