[Pulp-list] Should we move pic to under src?

For anyone who doesn't know, under playpen/webservices there's a module called pic. The intention is to use it in an interactive python shell (ipython) to be able to make web service calls against Pulp. It's pretty handy for debugging stuff outside of the CLI.

I was thinking we should move it somewhere in src under the pulp.com package so it's included just about everywhere (clients and server). It might be useful for supporting Pulp as it's, IMO, easier than wget/curl. If it's packaged with the server code it's as simple as importing it and using it, but it also doesn't hurt anything to just sit there if they don't use it.

Even if they don't have ipython installed we can still provide people with one-liners they can run from the command line. Something like:

$ python -c "from pulp.common import pic; pic.connect(); print(pic.GET('/repositories/'))"
(200, [])

Anyone feel strongly one way or another?

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp