Re: [Pulp-list] Should we move pic to under src?

On 02/14/2012 02:24 PM, Jason L Connor wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 14:35 -0500, Jay Dobies wrote:
For anyone who doesn't know, under playpen/webservices there's a module
called pic. The intention is to use it in an interactive python shell
(ipython) to be able to make web service calls against Pulp. It's pretty
handy for debugging stuff outside of the CLI.

I was thinking we should move it somewhere in src under the pulp.com
package so it's included just about everywhere (clients and server). It
might be useful for supporting Pulp as it's, IMO, easier than wget/curl.
If it's packaged with the server code it's as simple as importing it and
using it, but it also doesn't hurt anything to just sit there if they
don't use it.

Even if they don't have ipython installed we can still provide people
with one-liners they can run from the command line. Something like:

$ python -c "from pulp.common import pic; pic.connect();
print(pic.GET('/repositories/'))"
(200, [])

Anyone feel strongly one way or another?

If folks are finding it useful, I'm for including. I know that I use it
constantly and I've gotten feed from others as well.

Agreed.  Would be nice tool for developers (users)  to use when integrating with our REST API.