[Pulp-list] Build Numbers

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 14:17:28 UTC 2012

We've started to build v1 candidates but it's still using the old 0.xyz
numbering scheme. That needs to be changed to 1.0-x for the 1.0 release
and we should probably do it sooner rather than later.

One added benefit of this is that for people who misconfigure their
pulp.repo file, the 1.x versions will still take preference over the dev
builds. Especially with the expected instability of the dev builds
during the v2 migration, we really need to guide people towards 1.x by
default and this would be another safeguard against accidentally
installing dev.

There are two ways we could do it:
* Branch the v1 stream now and cherry pick over the fixes, then edit the
spec file in the branch. We'd have to cherry pick over bug fixes, but
we're almost done with those anyway.
* Edit the spec file in master and then reset it back to 0.* after we
branch.

I don't really care which we take, just that we take one soon since
we're already at the candidate builds stage.

It's your call on what we do with grinder/gofer. It'd be nice to have
them look like released versions (grinder is at 0.0.136) but it's a much
smaller issue than actually marking Pulp as 1.0.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp