[Pulp-list] Build Numbers

We've started to build v1 candidates but it's still using the old 0.xyz numbering scheme. That needs to be changed to 1.0-x for the 1.0 release and we should probably do it sooner rather than later.

One added benefit of this is that for people who misconfigure their pulp.repo file, the 1.x versions will still take preference over the dev builds. Especially with the expected instability of the dev builds during the v2 migration, we really need to guide people towards 1.x by default and this would be another safeguard against accidentally installing dev.

There are two ways we could do it:
* Branch the v1 stream now and cherry pick over the fixes, then edit the spec file in the branch. We'd have to cherry pick over bug fixes, but we're almost done with those anyway. * Edit the spec file in master and then reset it back to 0.* after we branch.

I don't really care which we take, just that we take one soon since we're already at the candidate builds stage.

It's your call on what we do with grinder/gofer. It'd be nice to have them look like released versions (grinder is at 0.0.136) but it's a much smaller issue than actually marking Pulp as 1.0.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp