[Pulp-list] Common metadata storage for v2 plugins

I'm currently working on the management client for PulpDist, and a key part of that is factoring out common details used to define sync tasks (see [1] for more details).

As part of that, I want to be able to store this metadata on the pulp server, so it is possible to recreate the original site configuration exactly. However, I want to that without repeating large chunks of metadata across all the individual PulpDist repos.

My current plan [2] is to create a separate repo in Pulp *purely* to use its "Notes" field for metadata storage.

I wanted to bring it up here to see if anyone:
1. Had suggestions for better ways to achieve this goal
2. Saw potential problems with this scheme that hadn't occurred to me yet.

[1] http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org/en/latest/cli.html
[2] http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org/en/latest/cli.html#pulpdist-metadata-in-pulp

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane