Re: [Pulp-list] REST Musings

The only particularly painful case is if a particular API is "maybe
sync, maybe async, depending on the input" - that gets annoying, since
it can make it hard for me to correctly factor out the server
interaction logic on the client side. Two separate APIs (i.e. one that
is always synchronous, but may block for a long time before responding
and one that is always asynchronous, even if the reply data is
immediately available without needing to block) is much easier to handle.

Regards,
Nick.

I think you're right about that. Even outside of the wildly different interpretations of the return status code and body, I don't like the idea of taking the control out of the user's hands. That's annoying enough on, say, my phone, much less a system that's critical to IT's backend :)

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp