Re: [Pulp-list] Consumers v2.0 Design & Requirements

In:

  register(id, description, tags, supports_bus=True)

I think the 'support_bus' needs to be broken down into a dictionary that defines the consumer's (agent) capabilities from the pulp server's perspective.

Here are some examples. We could prefix all of the attributes with 'supports_' but that seemed redundant.

Pulp consumers:

{
  heartbeat : True,  # supports heartbeat
  content :
    {
       types : [RPM,],   # supported content types
       bind : False,     # supports bind/unbind RMI, pulp managed
    },
}

Katello consumers:

{
  heartbeat : False,  # heartbeat not supported
  content :
    {
       types : [RPM,..],   # supported content types
       bind : True|False,  # bind/unbind RMI not supported, RHSM managed.
    },
}