Re: [Pulp-list] Consumers v2.0 Design & Requirements

On 01/18/2012 12:07 PM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
In:

register(id, description, tags, supports_bus=True)

I think the 'support_bus' needs to be broken down into a dictionary that
defines the consumer's (agent) capabilities from the pulp server's
perspective.

Here are some examples. We could prefix all of the attributes with
'supports_' but that seemed redundant.

Pulp consumers:

{
heartbeat : True, # supports heartbeat
content :
{
types : [RPM,], # supported content types
bind : False, # supports bind/unbind RMI, pulp managed
},
}

Katello consumers:

{
heartbeat : False, # heartbeat not supported
content :
{
types : [RPM,..], # supported content types
bind : True|False, # bind/unbind RMI not supported, RHSM managed.
},
}

This is a good call. I meant to have the consumer indicate to Pulp what types it will support but totally forgot to add it. I'll make the change in a bit.