[Pulp-list] Consumers v2.0 Design & Requirements

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 14:36:27 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 08:15 AM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Some things I would like to see Pulp be able to mirror:
>
> - Puppet Modules (hook up with Ohad)
> - SCAP Stuff live CVE's (http://www.redhat.com/security/data/cve/)
> - Deb files

All being taken into account. The idea is that the message from Pulp ->
consumer will contain any information relevant to installation of these.
The way I want to implement the v2.0 version of the consumer is that
there will be plugins that will field those messages based on type and
do the appropriate install steps. So the consumer will basically be a
big switch that says "For type RPM, call this code that calls yum. For
type DEB, call this code that calls apt".

It's a good idea though to add these examples to that design page to
give some context as to the end goal of all of it. I'll put in a section
soon.

Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp