[Pulp-list] Adding notes to v2.0 repositories

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 06:54:41 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 07:46 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> On 01/23/2012 02:07 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> After a month or so dealing with purely internal PulpDist updates
>> (almost all packaging related), I'm finally back to tasks that involve
>> accessing a few more pieces of the v2.0 repository APIs.
>>
>> Firstly, is there a more recent reference than the initial blog post
>> [1]? If there's something more recent, that may answer a few of my
>> questions on its own. (e.g. just from looking at my own create_repo()
>> and save_repo() code, I know that blog post doesn't accurately describe
>> the API for the those two operations, since the former is a POST on the
>> collection, while the latter is a PUT on the resource itself)
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/UGREST-v2-Repositories
>
> I didn't get as far as I'd hoped, but that's where I'll be putting them.

Further feedback after experimenting today with the latest test release
(0.0.261.1.fc16):

1. The PUT to modify a repository doesn't currently accept the same
arguments as the POST to create one. Instead, it expects a single
"delta" parameter (which then appears to expect the same arguments as
the POST).

2. The PUT doesn't update the notes field (the initial POST does
populate it, however)

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane