Re: [Pulp-list] Adding notes to v2.0 repositories

Thanks! I added draft entries for all of the v2 APIs I already have set
up in PulpDist's Pulp API helper, but they'll still need your review
before they can be moved up into the main section.

Thanks for adding those. I'm going through them now and will add example requests and responses later.

I also added a specific request for docs on how to add a sync schedule
to a v2 repository (since that will be the next thing I need to
configure once I get the metadata in the notes sorted out). It may be
that adding a sync schedule just uses the existing v1 scheduling API, in
which case it would be good to have a section in the v2 docs stating
which v1 APIs are still valid for v2 repo IDs.

I suspect the format the schedule is in will stay iso8601. I'll let jconnor confirm that.

As for the APIs, again I should probably defer to jconnor. I'd guess that we'll have a separate API from create/update repo that only concerns the sync/publish schedules to minimize the potential for applying only partial changes on an update repo call.

Actually, now that I think about it, regardless of how the APIs shape up the sync schedule won't be set as part of a create/update repo call. If anything, those belong to the individual importers and distributors, letting you say something like "Sync every 4 hours but only publish to distributor X once a day."

I'm not sure when that functionality will be in place, but if it'd help I suppose I can add placeholder APIs that just don't do anything yet.

Cheers,
Nick.

As to your other e-mail (thanks for the heads up on both of these):
 * I'm fixing the update API docs now.
* I fixed the issue where update wasn't changing the notes. It's in master now and will be in the next QE build.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp