Re: [Pulp-list] Package pulp is obsoleted by pulp-server error

On 07/16/2012 09:46 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 09:08:22AM -0400, Jay Dobies wrote:
I'd rather not. It'll require us to make the spec entry but more
importantly is confusing as we try to migrate people towards the v2
way of thinking about things. Even if I did add it, it would refer
to the platform itself which is still not really what you want, you
want the RPM support on top of that.

I'm not sure how much it gets you either. You'll have to change APIs
to use v2 so you'll have to hack up code as it is. I would guess
(but I could be wrong on this) that changing the spec at the same
time will be one of the easier changes you'll need to make.

Well, my intention is based on this document

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Renaming.2FReplacing_Existing_Packages

I would expect you want the new package to be transparent to end users.
And since this breaks also our nightly builds, it would be great adding
it for us. We are those users as well :-) We are not there (Pulp V2 API)
yet, but I still wan't the installer to be working.

I am not sure upgrade of Katello will be even possible without this (I
mean CFSE v1.0 -> CFSE vNEXT). I just can't tell you what is the reason
for having this in Fedora Packaging Guidelines, I admit.

Provides: oldpackagename = $provEVR
Obsoletes: oldpackagename < $obsEVR

I'll get someone to look into the provides clause. We know we need to have an upgrade path for CFSE but it's not being worked on currently.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp