Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp init.d script

On 07/25/2012 05:36 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
I encountered one problem with Pulp init.d script:

When we start or stop Katello using
  katello-service stop
then httpd is stopped twice (the same for starting).

I believe that Pulp init.d script should not start or stop other services.
It is valid scenario that I may want to stop just Pulp, but not Apache,
which should e.g. serve "Sorry we are in maintace" page.

If you want to have script which start/stop all services, which Pulp
use, you can steal:
  /usr/bin/katello-service
from Katello (which we steal from Spacewalk).

May I kindly ask you to edit Pulp init.d script to start just Pulp?

The thing is, there is no Pulp outside of Apache. That script takes care of mongo, apache, and qpid. If you don't stop Apache, Pulp keeps running.

I'm confused at your maintenance page example though. If the issue is that Apache is started/stopped by Katello as well, how is that need met by us removing Apache from that init.d script?

I'm open to suggestions. We've talked about a *-service type script, but at the end of the day that's going to be the same thing where Apache is started/stopped/restarted to accomplish the Pulp notions of those operations.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp