Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp init.d script

On 07/25/2012 09:35 AM, Chris St. Pierre wrote:
Might I suggest that there should be neither Pulp nor Katello init
scripts?  After all, those init scripts just call other init scripts,
which is confusing (witness OP) and can be difficult to manage.  Keep
it simple -- starting Apache starts Pulp, so we already have a Pulp
init script.  It's called "httpd" (and "mongod" and "qpidd").

That's a possibility too. The intention was to simplify things for users; in theory it's easier to tell them to run one script (with pulp in the name) instead of three.

But if telling people about the three feels better that might be the right approach. That script already has problems in systemd, so removing it entirely would make life easier than trying to find a way to replace it.

Alternatively, the *-service script suggested earlier might be the compromise. It's outside of the systemd/initd infrastructure but still available to those who care about it.