[Pulp-list] Repository Location Change

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 17:32:30 UTC 2012

= Short version, relevant to all users =

Conceptually the repos on repos.fedorapeople.org are the same (v1
stable/testing, v2 stable/testing). Some URLs changed, so re-download
the .repo file from http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/

Also, the v2/stable repository is intentionally missing. That will be
the site of our v2 Community Release when it comes out.

Oh, and the RHEL5 builds are missing from v2/testing. Trying to fix that
now -- a cookie to anyone who can tell me why I'm getting "Unable to
determine project name from spec file".

= Long version, most people probably won't care =

At the root of our hosted repos we split v1 v. v2. The new v2 directory
used to be named dev, hence the .repo file change.

Under v1 the concepts are the same:
stable = latest released version of Pulp 1.x
testing = builds for an upcoming 1.x release

The same structure exists under v2:
stable = latest community release (eventually the latest release, but
that'll be a few months away)
testing = latest biweekly build for QE purposes

The v2/testing currently contains the first pass at the new RPMs for v2,
but I haven't tested them yet. I'll send out an e-mail about it when I
have and they are released to QE.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp