Re: [Pulp-list] debugging rhel5 pulp unit tests

On 06/22/2012 09:53 AM, wes hayutin wrote:
Hey ..
I'm trying to debug the unit tests on rhel5 and I have a couple
observations on what is causing the errors.
I first thought the setup on the jenkins slave was messed up, so I
reinstalled on a new box.  I was however able to recreate the exact issues.
The unit tests run w/o error on RHEL6, and I'm not sure if its
appropriate to change the unit tests based on the version of rhel its
running on.
Anyway.. here's what I've found thus far.

Platform unit test error:

   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/logging/handlers.py", line 71, in emit
     if self.shouldRollover(record):
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/logging/handlers.py", line 150, in
shouldRollover
     self.stream.seek(0, 2)  #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

I'm not sure what is causing the issue, but if you remove the
python-paste module (Paste) you won't get the io error, just an import
error.. heh

Can you try to target which test cases are causing it? Curious if it's a setup thing across all tests or just a handful of specific cases.

rpm -support unit tests:
These tests were also bailing out w/ an exception on two arguments..
'retry_delay' and 'num_retries'

TypeError: setup() got an unexpected keyword argument 'num_retries'
TypeError: setup() got an unexpected keyword argument 'retry_delay'

This is due to an older version of grinder being installed on the slave. Can you build what's in /deps and install that one? That should clear it up.

attached is a diff w/ those arguments removed: