[Pulp-list] Importer/Distributor API Change

The validate_config method used to return a boolean as to whether or not the config is valid. That makes for a really annoying user experience since the user doesn't really have a clue _why_ it failed. I'm trying to avoid having to tell users "check the server logs" in v2.

The change is that it now returns a tuple of result (bool) and message (str), where the message should describe what/why it failed.

Admittedly I went back and forth on tuple v. a first class object to allow for future functionality, but I just couldn't figure out what else should go in there besides result and message. The change only took like 10 min though so if there's a compelling argument in favor of something besides a tuple it's not a huge deal for me to change it.

Here's the relevant docstrings from the importer API:

==
  The return is a tuple of the result of the validation (True for
  success, False for failure) and a message. The message may be
  None and is unused in the success case. For a failed validation,
  the message will be communicated to the caller so the plugin
  should take i18n into consideration when generating the message.
==

I made it backward compatible with the current APIs, so if you only return a single boolean you'll keep working (Pulp will use None as the message field). But please try to update this as soon as you can so we can show users more information on why the config was invalid.

These changes are in master now (well, the distributor ones will be there shortly) and will be in the next QE build.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp