[Pulp-list] Minor usability problem with stale cached login credentials

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 01:03:57 UTC 2012

On 03/23/2012 04:20 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> This is one of those things that annoyed us in the beginning and after a
> while of never getting around to fixing it, we developed blinders and
> don't even notice anymore :)
>
> This sprint I'm looking to get login/logout functionality into the v2
> client, I'll make sure I don't fall into the same trap again.

If you're replacing the client then I won't worry about raising the bug.
While I'll be using my custom client (which hooks into the v1 client
authentication code) for PulpDist 0.1.0, the new pulp-admin integration
hooks are definitely something I want to look at for 0.2.0.

If you're curious about how my custom Pulp v2 API client currently
works, the docs are here:

http://readthedocs.org/docs/pulpdist/en/latest/cli.html

And the main() implementation is here:

git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pulpdist.git;a=blob;f=src/pulpdist/cli/repo_cli.py

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane