Re: [Pulp-list] Minor usability problem with stale cached login credentials

On 03/23/2012 04:20 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
This is one of those things that annoyed us in the beginning and after a
while of never getting around to fixing it, we developed blinders and
don't even notice anymore :)

This sprint I'm looking to get login/logout functionality into the v2
client, I'll make sure I don't fall into the same trap again.

If you're replacing the client then I won't worry about raising the bug. While I'll be using my custom client (which hooks into the v1 client authentication code) for PulpDist 0.1.0, the new pulp-admin integration hooks are definitely something I want to look at for 0.2.0.

If you're curious about how my custom Pulp v2 API client currently works, the docs are here:

http://readthedocs.org/docs/pulpdist/en/latest/cli.html

And the main() implementation is here:

git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pulpdist.git;a=blob;f=src/pulpdist/cli/repo_cli.py

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane