Re: [Pulp-list] Minor usability problem with stale cached login credentials

On 03/28/2012 10:41 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
On 03/27/2012 08:39 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
- revert to a design I considered earlier, where I define a custom
"sync_log" content type and store the logs in the repo itself

Would this work? If you hit a DB failure storing it in the report, I'm
not sure it'd necessarily fare any better as its own content type. But
this is an area I'm not hugely familiar with in Mongo. I've worked with
high amounts of fields, but never large data in a single field. If
there's some sort of extra DB configuration you find to support it
better and you think it makes sense to be part of the type definition
let me know.

The idea with the "custom content type" approach would be to take the storage_path that init_unit() produces and save the log file there rather than putting it in the database.

It still strikes me as more elegant than my current workaround (which hardcodes a particular log output directory in the plugin and then publishes that directory directly via Apache), but I realised it would require additional work to handle the *publication* side of things.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane