Re: [Pulp-list] SOSReport plugin for pulp

Inline -

On 05/04/2012 09:16 AM, James Slagle wrote:
On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 09:07:49AM -0700, Sayli Karmarkar wrote:
Here is the wiki page for SOSReport plugin for Pulp -
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/PulpSosreport. It has not been
formally approved by SOS team yet. Please review and let me know if
we want to include any more information that will be useful in
debugging issues with pulp. Once finalised, I will send a request
for it to be included in SOS.
Very nice Sayli.

A couple things, does sosreport capture rotated logfiles
automatically, or do we need to list a wildcard for that?  For instance by
including /var/log/pulp/pulp.log, will we also get:

/var/log/pulp/pulp.log.1
/var/log/pulp/pulp.log.2
etc....

Or, do we need to specify /var/log/pulp/pulp.log* instead?

Yes, you do need to specify wild card and I have already added that to the plugin. Looks like I had recently cleaned up log file directory, so wiki example didn't have any. Just to make sure, I just created a dummy file and tried. It does pull in all the rotated logfiles as well.
Also, do we want to consider including the non-sensitive files that might be
under /etc/pki/pulp, such as the protected repos file?
Good point. I will include /etc/pki/pulp/content/pulp-protected-repos in the config files.
Thanks.

--
-- James Slagle

Sayli Karmarkar