[Pulp-list] v2 Repo Sync User Guide

Sayli Karmarkar skarmark at redhat.com
Fri May 18 00:40:33 UTC 2012

On 05/17/2012 01:59 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> http://pulpproject.org/v2/rpm-user-guide/admin-client/repo/sync-publish.html
>

> As usual, if anyone wants to proofread it for me it's appreciated.

Two statements "If another sync is requested, either manually or by its
schedules, it will be queued up to execute once all other pending tasks
related to that repository have resolved. For instance, ..."  and  "A
repository may only have one running sync operation at a time.
Attempting to trigger another manual sync while one is running will
cause the CLI to display the progress of the already running sync." seem
a bit contradicting.

First statement seems to suggest that we do allow multiple syncs to be
initiated on a repo, just that there will be only 1 running at a time
and others will be queued, while the second statement suggests that
there is no way of triggering another sync on repo. Is triggering
multiple syncs only supported in api and not cli? or is it that cli
outputs status of currently running sync but another sync is queued up
for the repo in the background?

Apart from that, really well written detailed user guide, Jay.

--
Sayli Karmarkar

Software Engineer
Systems Management and Cloud Enablement