Re: [Pulp-list] v2 Repo Sync User Guide

On 05/17/2012 01:59 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
http://pulpproject.org/v2/rpm-user-guide/admin-client/repo/sync-publish.html

As usual, if anyone wants to proofread it for me it's appreciated.

Two statements "If another sync is requested, either manually or by its schedules, it will be queued up to execute once all other pending tasks related to that repository have resolved. For instance, ..." and "A repository may only have one running sync operation at a time. Attempting to trigger another manual sync while one is running will cause the CLI to display the progress of the already running sync." seem a bit contradicting.

First statement seems to suggest that we do allow multiple syncs to be initiated on a repo, just that there will be only 1 running at a time and others will be queued, while the second statement suggests that there is no way of triggering another sync on repo. Is triggering multiple syncs only supported in api and not cli? or is it that cli outputs status of currently running sync but another sync is queued up for the repo in the background?

Apart from that, really well written detailed user guide, Jay.

--
Sayli Karmarkar

Software Engineer
Systems Management and Cloud Enablement