Re: [Pulp-list] Developers: Action Required: The migration that pulp_rpm now has, and what it means for devs

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:26:28 -0500, Randy Barlow <rbarlow redhat com> wrote:
To mitigate this problem, I suggest we go ahead at set up a migration entry point for the pulp_puppet project with no migrations in it. If we do this and everyone runs pulp-manage-db while it's in that state, the version 0 will be stored in everyone's DB and we won't have to do this same process for that project.

I just added a migrations package to the pulp_puppet project, so take a moment to follow these steps:

1) Reinstall the pulp_puppet Python package, using it's setup.py. This will add the entry point so that the DB management script can find the migrations.

2) Run pulp-manage-db. You should see "Migration package pulp_puppet.plugins.migrations is up to date at version 0", as there are no migrations for this project.

Doing this will make it so you don't need to go edit your DB in the future when there are some migrations in there.

--
Randy Barlow