[Pulp-list] 2.0 Branched

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 21:47:32 UTC 2012

I want to emphasize Jay's point about creating your branch from the branch it will eventually be merged back into. When your feature or bug will be merged into multiple branches (pulp-2.0 and master perhaps), start your branch from the branch that has the fewest new commits. In this case, start from pulp-2.0 because it does not include some of the commits in master. Merging from pulp-2.0 into master will be easier than the reverse.

For most cases, a good rule of thumb is to branch from the smallest version number you intend to merge your work into.

Michael