[Pulp-list] pulp packaging changes

We have made a few packaging changes in pulp which have been implemented in the v2 testing repository. First, we are switching to comps groups and discontinuing our meta-packages. Second, our RHEL 5 repositories will no longer provide pulp server-side packages.

The comps groups are intended to provided for easy out-of-the-box installations. Each group bundles core platform components with commonly used support packages (plugins, extensions and handlers). Administrators wanting a more custom installation can continue to accomplish this by installing platform packages and the support packages of their choice rather then using the comps groups.

The following groups have been defined:

1. pulp-server:
     The pulp server + RPM and puppet plugins.

2. pulp-admin:
     The admin client + builtin, RPM and puppet extensions.

3. pulp-consumer:
     The consumer client + builtin, RPM and puppet extensions.
     The pulp agent + RPM and puppet handlers.

See the comps.xml[1] for more details.

Examples:

# yum groupinstall pulp-server
# yum groupinstall pulp-admin
# yum groupinstall pulp-consumer

The following meta-packages will no longer be provided:

1. pulp-rpm-server
2. pulp-rpm-admin-client
3. pulp-rpm-consumer-client
4. pulp-rpm-agent

I'll be updating the installation wiki today.

-jeff

[1] https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/master/comps.xml
[2] http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/v2/testing/