[Pulp-list] pulp packaging changes

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 16:50:25 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 11:48 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 09:38:30AM -0600, Jeff Ortel wrote:
>> We have made a few packaging changes in pulp which have been
>> implemented in the v2 testing repository.  First, we are switching
>> to comps groups and discontinuing our meta-packages.  Second, our
>> RHEL 5 repositories will no longer provide pulp server-side
>> packages.
>>
>> The comps groups are intended to provided for easy out-of-the-box
>> installations.  Each group bundles core platform components with
>> commonly used support packages (plugins, extensions and handlers).
>> Administrators wanting a more custom installation can continue to
>> accomplish this by installing platform packages and the support
>> packages of their choice rather then using the comps groups.
>>
>> The following groups have been defined:
>>
>> 1. pulp-server:
>>       The pulp server + RPM and puppet plugins.
>>
>> 2. pulp-admin:
>>       The admin client + builtin, RPM and puppet extensions.
>>
>> 3. pulp-consumer:
>>       The consumer client + builtin, RPM and puppet extensions.
>>       The pulp agent + RPM and puppet handlers.
>>
>> See the comps.xml[1] for more details.
>>
>> Examples:
>>
>> # yum groupinstall pulp-server
>> # yum groupinstall pulp-admin
>> # yum groupinstall pulp-consumer
>>
>> The following meta-packages will no longer be provided:
>>
>> 1. pulp-rpm-server
>> 2. pulp-rpm-admin-client
>> 3. pulp-rpm-consumer-client
>> 4. pulp-rpm-agent
>>

> Hmm, so what do we add to the katello-all meta package?
>
> Require: pulp-rpm-server ?

That's what he's saying above, there is no package named pulp-rpm-server
anymore. That was only meant to couple the RPM plugins and the server
itself. You'll need to mention those specifically, the rest should be
taken care of by dependencies.

You could get away with pulp-rpm-plugins. Those have a dep on the
server. For your purposes that's fine.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp