[Pulp-list] Python Module Header

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 20:22:33 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 04:08 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> I'd put a mild +0.1 I suppose.

I'll clarify why it's mild. I love UTF-8. I want to use UTF-8 in my
Python code, and I like that Python 3 is UTF-8.

However, I don't think that it looks nicer in Python 2 land to have this
ugly Perl-like thing at the top of the file just so we can write the ©
character. If we were Python 3, I'd be all about having that © though…
(and ellipses…) (and unicode snowmen ☃…)

I guess it's kind of like using the __future__ module (from __future__
import braces).

--
Randy Barlow
Raleigh, NC, USA