PEP-8: +0.1

A real nail biter of a debate that one was.

The UTF-8 header wins. Update your IDEs, Randy chisel it in stone or whatever the hell it is you do over there in the Cretaceous period, and when 2013 comes around we can make them consistent across the board when we update the copyright.

On 10/25/2012 04:25 PM, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
I lean slightly on the side of following PEP-8. For me, that first line just looks unsightly. It has so much punctuation, especially those asterisks, that it sticks out.

That said, I'm happy either way.

Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Dobies" <jason dobies redhat com>
To: pulp-list redhat com
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:08:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Pulp-list] Python Module Header

On 10/25/2012 04:08 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
On 10/25/2012 11:32 AM, Jason Connor wrote:
+1 to the utf-8 coding header and the © symbol. Red Hat's default text
file encoding is utf-8 and I think the header looks professional. I
don't know why pep-8 says not to use a mechanism they provide, but
this is on of the few times I disagree with it.

Haha, I think I was one of the ones PEP-8ing it. I'd put a mild +0.1 I
suppose. I don't feel too strongly about it…

Wasn't just you, I did it for a bit too. :)

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp