Re: [Pulp-list] pulp-admin rpm consumer group install .... DOES NOT WORK

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 06:32 -0700, Henri Jubin wrote:

> The following command server side works:
>  -  pulp-admin rpm consumer package install run  --name=k3b
> --consumer-id=pulp-cli2
> Install task created with id [4e3b9486-59d2-45be-a795-e3d8b32a25dd]
>
> This command may be exited via ctrl+c without affecting the install.
>
> Refresh Repository Metadata             [ OK ]
> Install Succeeded
>
> Packages already installed

It looks like it's reporting that the package you are requesting is
already installed.

I wouldn't expect the /root/.pulp consumer log files to contain any
information about transactions that were initiated with the pulp-admin
tool from another system. The /root/.pulp log files are only written to
by pulp-admin and pulp-consumer, and only when those tools are used on
the local system. All other logging happens in /var/log/pulp.

Is it the log files that you are concerned about? I wasn't quite sure
what you are reporting that doesn't work if not that, as it appears that
the package group you requested from pulp-admin was already installed.

Also, are you on Pulp 2.0 or 2.1?

--
Randy Barlow