[Pulp-list] QE Build: 2.1.0-0.3.alpha

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 21:22:02 UTC 2013

This is the first build that contains the upgrade support from v1.1. QE
has yet to test this, so I make no claims as to its stability. Actually,
I take that back. It's likely pretty unstable. That's a claim I'm
willing to make. But if you are so inclined as to try it out, here are
the steps you need to take:

= Server =

- Stop the httpd.service

- Install @pulp-server and @pulp-admin
   The RPMs in these groups will obsolete the necessary v1 RPMs.

- Run: pulp-v1-upgrade
   QE should check out the --help. Those options aren't really intended
for end users to care about, but for testing purposes they might be
handy. In particular, please run with the flag to backup the v1
database. That will help me if I need to debug any issues.

- Run: pulp-manage-db
   This is the normal step in our installation process. Must be run
after the pulp-v1-upgrade script.

- Edit /etc/pulp/server.conf
   The v1 config, pulp.conf, gets deleted when the obsoleted RPMs are
removed. The only thing you'll likely need to edit in here is the
server_name option if you had set it previously. Also note that in v2,
this is defaulted to hostname instead of localhost, so you can probably
skip this step.

- Start httpd.service

- (optional) Run: pulp-v1-upgrade-publish
   Upgraded repositories are unpublished by default. In other words, the
data is maintained from the v1 installation, but none of the
repositories are served from Apache. This script will trigger a publish
for each of the repositories in your Pulp server. I say "optional" since
you could put that step off if you're not testing published repos or if
you wanted to manually handle that.

= Admin =

- Replace /etc/pulp/admin/admin.conf with /etc/pulp/admin/admin.conf.rpmnew
   There are a substantial amount of new config options in v2 that
weren't present in v1. Simpler to replace your existing admin.conf and,
if you had changed host previously, make that change again.

= Consumers =

- Replace /etc/pulp/consumer/consumer.conf with
/etc/pulp/consumer/consumer.conf.rpmnew
   Same rationale as for admin.

Ping me with any questions/issues, just don't expect me to be happy
about it  :)

On 02/05/2013 03:59 PM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
> QE Build: 2.1.0-0.3.alpha released.
>
> As a reminder, the ALPHA releases are available here:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/v2/testing/.
>
> Pulp: 2.1.0-0.3.alpha
> Grinder: 0.1.12
> Gofer: 0.74