Re: [Pulp-list] line lengths in pulp

On 02/05/2013 05:54 PM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
While reviewing pull requests recently, I saw code with lines lengths
exceeding the width of the code review pane in github.  This width
appears to be 110 characters.  Many of these lines were far longer and
since the scrollbar is at the bottom, this can be very annoying.

Does anyone know if this width can be changed in github?  Making the
window wider does not seem to help.  If not, I propose a coding
guideline in pulp that requires lines to be <= 110 characters for this
reason.

+1

The horizontal scrolling is surprisingly really annoying. I hadn't seen a number on github's width, but 110 sounds feasible without imposing annoying restrictions on the code.