[Pulp-list] pulp-puppet theory of operation/use

Steven Roberts strobert at strobe.net
Fri Jan 11 21:50:09 UTC 2013

So, I've started my pulp-rpm rollout, and I've been thinking about
the pulp-puppet support.

I want to make sure I understand how it is expected to be used correctly :)

I would pull in modules (from puppet forge or local) into my pulp server.

I could then push those modules out to my puppet masters to make sure
my puppet masters all have the modules (and version of thsoe modules)
they are supposed to have.

Does that sounds about right?

Guess it really only would be a win if you have more than a couple of
puppet masters.  And actually for my $dayjob puppet deployment that
would be the case most likely.

Steve