[Pulp-list] Disconnected - more info

Lukas Zapletal lzap+fed at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 14:49:08 UTC 2013

Prad,

from these documents, I am not able to determine which features were
added to V2. I have implemented disconnected script in Katello and I was
under impression the plan is to have manifest importer in Pulp. Was this
incorrect assumption?

Currently what Katello disconnected script allows you to do is:

- import manifest
- discover all the repos there
- create all the repos in pulp
- synchronize repos selectively or all
- watch the progress of the sync
- export particular or all repos to a directory

I have been browsing through the PulpV2 code, I am not sure, what
features are new. To me it looks like (correct me please):

- range exports - ability to select date/time ranges for export
- export to iso (*)
- new task api
- incremental support
- repo discovery on local media

(*) - I was only able to find more documentation about ISO export, could
you give me brief overview about other features I have in the list
above?

Also does Pulp automatically divide into more ISO files where there is
more content than one single CD/DVD can hold?

Thanks