Re: [Pulp-list] add gpg sig

On 01/18/2013 08:51 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
On 01/18/2013 08:20 AM, Markus Falb wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to specify a private gpg key to pulp and pulp adds a
signature to cloned rpms? I had a look at the wiki but I could only
find public keys mentioned via the --gpgkeys flag.

It's an interesting idea to have Pulp apply it, but in the case of
copied RPMs, it actually doesn't apply.

Pulp stores each RPM only a single time to conserve space. So in the
case of copying an RPM, it's simply making a new database reference from
the RPM to the destination repo. The RPM itself doesn't change, so if it
was signed previously, it's still signed. If the copy process were to do
the signing, it would change the original RPM in the process.

Having a re-sign and create new vesion would be nice tho.

-- bk