Re: [Pulp-list] Client (V2) does not create admin.conf

On 01/21/2013 05:35 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
Hey,

I have found that client does not prepare a default admin.conf file in
the ~/.pulp directory.

> Because when I tried to connect to localhost (default behaviour), my SSL
> CERT hostname did not match it and the client was refusing to work:

Tell me more about your expectations here. That's meant to act as an override in the event you don't want to edit the installed /etc/pulp/admin/admin.conf file. It's not, strictly speaking, required.

You say "prepare" a default in ~/.pulp, but I'm not sure what that looks like. Are you suggesting something like the first time you launch pulp-admin it drops a skeleton in ~/.pulp?

Even if we dropped a default in ~/.pulp, there's no way to know what your server's SSL cert CN is, so we wouldn't be able to auto populate that. There'd still be the manual user step of changing that value in ~/.pulp, which is covered in our user guide:

http://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.0/installation.html#admin-client

# pulp-admin login --username admin --password admin
The server hostname configured on the client did not match the name
found in the
server's SSL certificate. The client attempted to connect to
[localhost.localdomain] but the server returned [aa.lan] as its
hostname. The
expected hostname can be changed in the client configuration file.

I was looking around where to set it, had to dig in the git :-)

Check the user guide link above, that should cover everything you're looking for.

Would be good if client would drop a default file there or something.
Also I'd appreciate possibility to set this up from the CLI.

Anyway, leaving this a as a note for googlers.

TL;DR: Search for admin.conf and drop it to your ~/.pulp dir.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp