[Pulp-list] Client (V2) does not create admin.conf

Lukas Zapletal lzap+fed at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 13:29:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 09:12:44AM -0500, Jay Dobies wrote:
> You say "prepare" a default in ~/.pulp, but I'm not sure what that
> looks like. Are you suggesting something like the first time you
> launch pulp-admin it drops a skeleton in ~/.pulp?

Right, I did not know what is the format of this file. I did even not
find any skeleton or sample in the pulp-cli rpm (/usr/share/doc/pulp-*).
The only way was digging in the git for me. But maybe I missed it.

> Even if we dropped a default in ~/.pulp, there's no way to know what
> your server's SSL cert CN is, so we wouldn't be able to auto
> populate that. There'd still be the manual user step of changing
> that value in ~/.pulp, which is covered in our user guide:
>
> http://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.0/installation.html#admin-client

Ah yeah, I should visit that.

I would just expect a skeleton there, nothing else :-)

> Check the user guide link above, that should cover everything you're
> looking for.

Kay, thanks.

--
Later,