Also, I can schedule a sync but not a copy operation. Would I need to pass --password on the command line to automate, or is there another way that doesn't involve human intervention?

Thanks!
-Jake

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Michael Hrivnak <mhrivnak redhat com> wrote:
Jake,

We don't yet support the idea of applying filters during a sync operation except that you can exclude an entire type. For example, you can exclude all drpms. We intend to provide better sync-time filtering in the future.

For now you can do a normal sync of "upstream", and then create "testing" as an empty local repo into which you copy units from "upstream". The copy operation gives you the ability to do powerful filtering, so it should meet your needs.

Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jake Davis" <jake imapenguin com>
To: pulp-list redhat com
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 10:05:50 AM
Subject: [Pulp-list] Repo Sync Filters

Greetings,

I'd like to "clone" a repository and then sync from the origin while applying a filter. For example, let's say I have a repo called "upstream" which will serve as the origin. I'd like to create a new repo called "testing" that pulls everything from upstream with the exception of rpms that match "kernel-*". Is such a workflow currently supported in pulp (2.1)? If so, what's the best way to achieve it? Create an empty repo with no --feed and use copy operations? Or create a repo whose --feed url is that of my local copy of "upstream"?

Thanks,
-Jake