[Pulp-list] How do i stop messages from server to consumer

Hi,

how can i stop hearbeat messages from Client to server ? .. i saw option in /etc/pulp/consumer/consumer.conf but it doesnt work i guess

Looks to me /etc/gofer/plugin/pulp..conf is not configured properly for hearbeat ( so it's not taking values from consumer.conf ) ..

but is that anyway i can permanently stop this hearbeat ? why do we require hearbeat ? if i have 4000 consumers connects to pulp server it will create unnecessary network traffic ?

Regards,
Dj