[Pulp-list] Recreate /var/lib/pulp directory structure?

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Wed May 8 21:12:25 UTC 2013

On 05/08/2013 04:34 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 03:48:24PM -0400, Phil Gardner wrote:
>> Is it possible to rm -rf /var/lib/pulp/* and re-create all of the
>> directory structure for a fresh start, without reinstalling the
>> packages? I've already dropped the mongo db and re-ran the
>> pulp-manage-db command. Is there a command that will do the same to
>> /var/lib/pulp?
>
> There is not a Pulp specific command to do that, but stopping apache,
> dropping the database, rm -rf /var/lib/pulp/*, and running
> pulp-manage-db is a pretty sure way to look like a new Pulp
> installation.
>
> If you don't stop apache first, things might get a little weird.

I'm not sure that'll work. The RPMs create a number of directories in
there that are used by Pulp. I wouldn't be surprised to see that Pulp
assumes their existence and won't attempt to recreate if they aren't found.

Also in there is the tracker for serial numbers assigned to certificates
we create. If that's reset to 0, you may run into SSL verification
issues with multiple certificates on the same serial number.

I believe you also run the risk of hitting SELinux issues if the
policies aren't reapplied, but I'm not entirely familiar with out setup
so that may not be an issue.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp