[Pulp-list] pulp CA management changed on master (pulp 2.3)

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 20:51:55 UTC 2013

All,

I just merged a PR to master (pulp 2.3) that changes the way our pulp CA
is managed.  This is the CA used to sign our user (login) certificates.
  Previously, we installed the CA (key & certificate) stored in our git
repository :(  Our pulp-dev.py setup linked to these files as well.
Now, the CA is generated by a new script: pulp-gen-ca-certiifate.  This
script is invoked during RPM install (not upgrade) in the %post in our
.spec.  Further, the script is called by pulp-dev.py when installing the
development environment.

Developers:

BEFORE your next pull from (pulp) master:

1. sudo pulp-dev.py -U
2. git pull
3. sudo pulp-dev.py -I

Early adopters running pulp 2.3:

If you want a unique CA:

1. sudo pulp-gen-ca-certificate
2. sudo service httpd restart

This will invalidate existing login certificates.  Users will need to
login again.

[1] https://github.com/pulp/pulp/pull/627