[Pulp-list] mongodb removed from EPEL el6

Steven Roberts strobert at strobe.net
Mon Aug 11 20:36:09 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:31:26AM -0400, Randy Barlow wrote:
> On 08/09/2014 02:03 PM, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> > Thoughts on how we want to proceed?
>
> I'm not sure what's best long term, but in the mean time the upstream
> developers do provide a Yum repository for Mongo:
>
> http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-red-hat-centos-or-fedora-linux/#configure-the-package-management-system-yum
>
> Long term, we could either recommend that people use that, or one of us
> could maintain it in EPEL. The downside to the former is that they might
> put updates in there at any time that Pulp may not be compatible with.

mongodb will be back in EPEL6 shortly.  it is already fixed up
centrally, likely will take a bit to prop out.  short answer was an oops
by the releng folks.  they mean to drop couchdb (which was in the ticket
from fedora-security) and had a think-o.

I also am now co-maintainer of the mongodb package for EPEL6 (and will
likely help out eith EPEL7 as well).   after this settles I'll be
looking to do an update to 2.4.10 from 2.4.6 (the latest in the 2.4
mongodb branch).  I'll email this list when it is out in epel-testing so
folks can try it out.

EPEL5 is also back for now, but it may be going away again as it does
have some lingering security issues.

from a pulp perspective should be a non issue as I think the pulp server
requires EL6 these days.  I will be checking with the EPEL users to see
if there is a EPEL5 demand and if so try and come up with a solution,
but that should be not needed by pulp folks...

Steve