[Pulp-list] retain_old_count

Greetings,

Here at $work we're trying to use pulp as a platform for staged rollout of patches. We have a "live" tier that we configure with a feed url and we set retain_old_count so that older packages get cleared out.
We then copy everything from "live" to "stable" after x amount of days. The problem is that retain_old_count has no effect on "stable" where the rpms have been copied in, as opposed to sync'd from a feed. Our archive of old versions just keeps growing.
Is there a good way to get a retain_old_count behaviour on a pulp repo with no feed?

Thanks,
-JTD