[Pulp-list] retain_old_count

Jake Davis jake at imapenguin.com
Thu Feb 6 20:23:12 UTC 2014

Greetings,

Here at $work we're trying to use pulp as a platform for staged rollout of
patches. We have a "live" tier that we configure with a feed url and we set
retain_old_count so that older packages get cleared out.
We then copy everything from "live" to "stable" after x amount of days. The
problem is that retain_old_count has no effect on "stable" where the rpms
have been copied in, as opposed to sync'd from a feed. Our archive of old
versions just keeps growing.
Is there a good way to get a retain_old_count behaviour on a pulp repo with
no feed?

Thanks,
-JTD