[Pulp-list] How to speed up nightly repo syncs on pulp?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 15:41:11 UTC 2014

I agree that scheduling these is the best way to go. We have a new distributed design coming in pulp 2.4 that will make scheduling especially effective for use cases like this.

For more immediate ideas, you might try experimenting with the "--bg" option on the sync command. The command you're using now will block until the sync is done, so there's not an opportunity to run multiple syncs at a time.

Michael