[Pulp-list] Issues with node repo sync

Christina Plummer cplummer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 22:52:27 UTC 2014

Whenever I go to do a "pulp-admin node sync run", if it has been more than
a day or so since my last sync, I get timeout errors like this:

Task Failed

[u"RequestTimeout: ('f7f2024f-60b8-4460-9ba8-46a716f39ab2', 0)\n"]

The only way I have found to fix it is:
 1. Restart qpidd service on the parent
 2. Restart pulp-agent service on the child

Both steps seem to be required.  My child and parent are located in
separate data centers, currently connected by a VPN tunnel, so connections
do drop/timeout every now and then.  But shouldn't it be more resilient
than this?

Thanks,
Christina