[Pulp-list] OpenShift's docker registry extensions in pulp

Tomas Tomecek ttomecek at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 11:26:40 UTC 2015

Quoting Chris Duryee (2015-04-24 19:31:53)

> On 04/24/2015 08:51 AM, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> > Tomas,
> >
> > Your best option is to use pulp's new (in upcoming 2.7) notification system. It would let openshift listen for specific task types it cares about, and respond accordingly. You can read about it here:
> >
> > https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/master/docs/dev-guide/integration/events/index.rst
>
> Tomas,
>
> These docs have been updated to give clearer examples. If you have any
> trouble with consuming task status notifications, feel free to reach out
> to us on this list or on #pulp on freenode.

Hey guys,

thanks for the information.

The thing is, that openshift gathers data about image updates on its own API
endpoint:

http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/dev/2015-April/msg00099.html

In case we'll really need this feature, I would be in favor of creating adapter
(=daemon which will listen for the messages) between pulp and openshift.

Just one question:

Do I have to have my own AMQP instance, or can the messages go through pulp's
amqp?

Regards,
~~
Tomáš Tomeček