[Pulp-list] Managing "minor releases"

Sean Waite swaite at tracelink.com
Tue Apr 28 20:11:40 UTC 2015

I think I know the answer here, but I can always ask. What is the preferred
way to manage something like a CentOS Base repo in pulp with regards to
minor releases? In your typical yum repo file, you'd have $releasever. As
far as I'm aware, this expands to $MAJOR.$MINOR (i.e., 6.6, 5.3, etc). The
pulp repo is going to be a static name, so if we rev from 6.6 to 6.7 and
have 6.6 in the feed, we lose it. I'm pretty sure that CentOS-Base
functionally symlinks the $MAJOR release repo to the current $MAJOR.$MINOR
repo (6 is symlinked to 6.6), so is the preferred way to just sync the
$MAJOR folder? This gets more interesting when you are working with a
package that doesn't necessarily pin $MAJOR to $MAJOR.$MINOR.

Thanks,

Sean Waite                                      swaite at tracelink.com
Cloud Operations Engineer                GPG 3071E870
TraceLink, Inc.

Be Excellent to Each Other