[Pulp-list] Question about a warning in the docs

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 18:03:39 UTC 2015

Hello again Folks,

There is a warning posted in the /latest/ docs for Pulp server stating:
 "Warning:  It is recommended that the web server only serves Pulp
services." - but there is no context.

I was hoping someone with practical experience running (or developing /
both) could speak to the rationale for the warning.  It has long been our
practice to maintain a few highly useful subdirectories of /pub/ by hand,
so that typical users can retrieve random content-related-but-homeless
files from the pub directory on a server they are already familiar with
going to for content.

We have done this for years on our Satellite5 server and I'd hoped to
maintain the convention on Pulp if we end up going the Pulp route.

Thanks!
 - Kodiak