[Pulp-list] Mongo DB backup and Restore -

Vijayabalan Balakrishnan bvijaycom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:28:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have implemented the simple pulp infrastrcuture sucuessfully.Now i need
to understand the DB backup in details in order to design well in my
environment.

My pulp version is *pulp-server-2.5.3-1*

During the pulp installation,mongo db got installaed and initialized.

Now i have following questions in my mind around *mongodb backup and
restoration*?

*Online backup [HOT Backup]*

1. How can we do the online db backup while pulp is running ?
2. Is there any pre-requesties to carry out before this hot backup ?

*Offline Backup*

I have gone through the following link

https://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/server.html#backups

*Restoration*
1. How do we achieve this restoration in pulp ?

Kindly assist me accordingly

Thanks,
BVIJAY