[Pulp-list] Unable to publish custom repository...

Vijayabalan Balakrishnan bvijaycom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:58:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to create custom repo and trying to upload rpm for testing
purpose.

However repo and upload is fine.But when I run publish command I am getting
error

# pulp-admin rpm repo create --repo-id custom_repo1
--relative-url=custom/repo1/ --serve-http true
# pulp-admin rpm repo uploads rpm --repo-id custom_repo1
--file=/tmp/zip-3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
 # pulp-admin rpm repo publish run --repo-id=custom_repo1

I am getting the below error

Incorrect length of data produced

Task Failed
Incorrect length of data produced

**************************************************************Command
Output****************************************
[root at server1]# pulp-admin rpm repo create --repo-id custom_repo1
--relative-url=custom/repo1/ --serve-http true

Successfully created repository [custom_repo1]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[root at server1]# pulp-admin rpm repo uploads rpm --repo-id custom_repo1
--file=/tmp/zip-3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
                              Unit Upload

Extracting necessary metadata for each request...
[==================================================] 100%
Analyzing: zip-3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
... completed

Creating upload requests on the server...
[==================================================] 100%
Initializing: zip-3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
... completed

Starting upload of selected units. If this process is stopped through
ctrl+c,
the uploads will be paused and may be resumed later using the resume
command or
cancelled entirely using the cancel command.

Uploading: zip-3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
[==================================================] 100%
265860/265860 bytes
... completed

Importing into the repository...
This command may be exited via ctrl+c without affecting the request.

[\]
Running...

Task Succeeded

Deleting the upload request...
... completed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[root at server1]# pulp-admin rpm repo publish run --repo-id=custom_repo1
                  Publishing Repository [custom_repo1]

This command may be exited via ctrl+c without affecting the request.

Initializing repo metadata
[-]
... completed

Publishing Distribution files
[-]
... completed

Publishing RPMs
[-]
... failed
Incorrect length of data produced

Task Failed
Incorrect length of data produced

Please help me why I am unable to publish after uploaded custom rpm's

Thanks,
BVIJAY