[Pulp-list] Children resource usage

Sean Waite swaite at tracelink.com
Mon Jun 22 14:11:40 UTC 2015

By children, I'm referring to child nodes - the subservers that can sync
from a "parent" node.

Looking again at the resources, below is what I have. It does look like the
1.7g proc is actually a worker.

Some statistics on what I have here (resident memory):
2 celery__main__worker procs listed as "resource_manager"  - 41m memory each
2 celery__main__worker procs listed as "reserved_resource_worker" - 42m and
1.7g respectively
1 mongo process - 972m
1 celerybeat - 24m
a pile of httpd procs - 14m each
1 qpid -  21m

For disk utilization, the mongo db is around 3.8G and my directory
containing all of the rpms etc is around 95G.

We're on a system with only 3.5G available memory, which is probably part
of the problem. We're looking at expanding it, I'm just trying to figure
out how much to expand it by. From your numbers above, we'd need 6-7G of
memory + 2*N gigs for the workers. Should I expect maybe 3-4 workers at any
one time? I've got 2 now, but that is at an idle state.

Sean Waite                                      swaite at tracelink.com