[Pulp-list] [dev] create custom mongoengine field for datetime?

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 17:55:14 UTC 2015

On 11/23/2015 12:04 PM, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> Following up on this: https://github.com/pulp/pulp/pull/2067/files
>
> <snip>
>
> Thoughts? Perhaps those who have been heavily involved in the mongoengine
> conversion already have considered this.

this++, timezones--

I hate naive datetime objects, and I think the 'UTCDateTime' name gets
the point across perfectly. I also agree that shifting tz-aware
datetimes to UTC is a good thing for UTCDateTime to do.

I also think that not having timezones on datetime objects by convention
goes against PEP 20, and could lead to some strange bugs down the road.